Friday, October 10, 2008

MOPS Gone Wild

Last weekend I headed to Dallas with 7 other women from my church to attend the MOPS Convention. We stayed at the Gaylord Grapevine - amazing hotel but quite pricey ($3.50 for a coffee - not even a latte). We ended up renting a minivan - wouldn't want to get too crazy with something different from what we drive at home!
I was able to have dinner with my uncle Skip when we got in on Thursday night which was great. He was one of the few men we saw all weekend.
From the time our first session started at 7:00 on Thursday night we were in meetings most of the time until 5:30 on Saturday evening.
It really was a great time to hang out with friends and have a little alone time. They had a great fitness center and running path - so I took full advantage of that each morning.
We were able to do some outlet shopping on Friday night - which is so enjoyable when you don't have a stroller! On Saturday night we headed out for BBQ - but the place I had chosen turned out to be a type of Hooters BBQ - the girls were actually wearing less clothes than the girls at Hooters - so we quickly exited and went to a different BBQ place.
I do have to laugh because I took my camera and hardly took any pictures. I take a ton of pictures of my kids and then I go away for 4 days and hardly take any pictures. I did take a few pictures of the Go Fish Guys - mostly to share with Reagan, Anthony and Leo.
But it was a great time to be away. I was very thankful that Pat and my mom were able to watch the girls. I was excited to come home and see my family - and to see that Nola is walking/running even faster than when I left!

No comments: